Benefits of Membership
- The only Truly Transatlantic Platform: TABC provides a platform for EU and U.S. companies to develop common positions on policy issues impacting the transatlantic economic space. With offices, programming activities, and active Working Groups in Brussels and Washington, TABC is uniquely positioned to fulfill this role.
- High-level Senior Executive/CEO Forum: We are the forum (the Trans-Atlantic Business Dialogue) where senior business executives/CEOs from Europe and the U.S. share their ideas and concerns on international trade, investment, and other issues with senior European Commission and U.S. government officials. The TABD, created jointly by the EU and U.S. and now part of TABC, serves as the officially designated business sector advisory body to the Transatlantic Economic Council (TEC).
- Policy Working Groups: TABC Working Groups develop policy recommendations on issues such as Brexit, a possible Transatlantic Trade and Investment Partnership (TTIP), cross border data flows, privacy, digital policy, financial services, innovation, life sciences, regulation of energy and raw materials trade, trade secrets, mobility of high-skilled labor, trade in services, and third country policies that impact our member companies and the transatlantic economy. TABC’s lean governance structure enables the rapid consideration of timely issues and the quick development of substantive recommendations shared with EU and U.S. officials.
- Meetings with Government Officials: Through seminars, tailored meetings, official stakeholder fora, and submission of policy papers and public statements, TABC acts as a voice for its members directly engaging the European Commission, the European Parliament, diplomatic representatives of EU and EFTA countries, as well as U.S. Executive Branch agencies including USTR, and the Commerce, Energy, and State Departments, the U.S. Congress, other business representatives, and the broader public in conversations that address relevant public policy issues.
- Networking: TABC provides networking opportunities through its Working Group activity, through direct engagement with government officials, legislators and staff, and other industry and NGO representatives via its formal events in Brussels and Washington.
- Rapid Response to Policy Developments: We enable via a lean governance structure the rapid consideration of timely issues and the quick development of substantive recommendations shared with EU and U.S. officials.
- Experts in Brussels and Washington: Our organization serves as an on-the-ground government relations team on transatlantic issues for member companies without representatives in Brussels or Washington, while adding value to the work of those companies with existing offices in Brussels and Washington.
For more information on membership, please contact Dawn Nunnery at 202.828.9104 or email@example.com.